Monday, December 15, 2008

GO GREENER


GO GREEN Action is starting from our self.

We might hear a lot about Go GREEN campaign lately. What is it? Simply I can say that’s another campaign for better and greener environment. If you wanna know further, just go googling, find them out on the internet (i'm not good in explaining) he he he

Well I just wanna share what I’ve done to go Greener since years ago.

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE.


Some efforts I did:

1. Took shower once a day (sometimes, if possible, I didn’t shower at all for a day, especially when Ina, my wife, was not around) and wear my blue jean for a week. Means less consumptions of water, chemical (soap, detergent, n shampoo) and electricity power as well.

2. Made almost of all my furniture at my home from used materials. (Eg. My drawer, closet, book shelf, cup board, kitchen set, bed, table and all wooden stuff etc) Used material I got from “Maduresse” who sold ex - engine packaging wooden box, usually they got them from industrial complex. Their Lapak (kiosk) could be found along the Lenteng Agung Street or some Jakarta sub-urb areas. What I did was just sketched the design, call the carpenter, and supervised by my self. Oh ya, for the final touch I usually cover them up with a vinyl sheet called “Tacon” so they looked like a brend new "minimalist" furniture. You can find those tacon things @ "toko-material" on Panglim Polim street BLOK A jaksel. (tips : go to Index Store grab some leaflet or Ikea catalogue, or go to internet find a model, print them out, then imitate them…). Of course they would cost less with better material quality.

3. Reduced the consumption of paper means save our forest, if necessary , never print all printable document (including photos). Use water to clean up your “private area” after “toilet business” instead of using toilet paper.

4. Turned OFF all of electric consuming gadget when not in use, such as lap top, TV, radio, Air conditioner, lights etc. Oh ya, unplugged the mobile charger when not in use.

5. Briought along my own bag, when I went to groceries store such as Carrefour, and if forgot, I asked the Cashier for carton boxes instead of plastic bags.

6. Used public transportation, if not picked a scooter instead of a car. Less Gas consumption means less pollution and save some more money…hehhehe..

7. Worked @ home if it is possible.

8. Made a fun used material project.( I've been doing some)

9. Planted more trees around the house.
(to be continued)

1 comment:

muhamad desfian said...

halo halo mas , salam kenal , numpang lewat hehe